Some of my past and ongoing commercial projects include:
- Secure (replay-resistant) radio mesh networks for sensing and control.
- Live GPS vehicle tracking devices.
- Application firmware for the TracMap TM335 and Flight GPS head units.
- High-performance embedded graphics engine for displaying real-time maps over large areas at interactive (> 10 fps) frame rates.
- I2C interface for a mass-produced family of sensor chips.
- Linux kernel driver development and debugging on ARM systems (PXA270, LPC22xx, OMAP35xx).
- High-speed (250 MHz) ADC data recording interface for Xilinx FPGAs.
- Custom embedded 8-bit CPU with an extensible bus system in a Xilinx FPGA.
- Production build system for an embedded application, with much faster build times than the popular BitBake tool (4 hours vs. 2 days).
- Reverse engineering of RS-485 peripheral control protocols.
- In-field interactive upgrade system for U-Boot.
- Interface software to enable a legacy Interactive UNIX system without TCP/IP to support network backups via a UUCP gateway.
- Web-based employee skills database application software.
- Firmware for MSP430-based peripheral devices.